WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF SILK SAREES?
There is no doubt that that the firest sarees have their gold and silver brocade in fine woven silk and embroidery.
Below are a few of the best silk sarees in India.
1. Assam Silk Sarees (Delicate and lightweight)
2. Art Silk Sarees (Artificial silk made from synthetic fiber )
3. Banarasi Silk Sarees from Varanasi (handwoven)
4. Baluchari Silk Sarees (Is polished after weaving)
5. Bomkai Silk Sarees (fish motifs weave)
6. Bhagalpuri / Tussar Silk Saree (cooler & less costly)
7. Banglori (Simplicity)
8. Chanderi Silk Saree (lightweight)
9. Dharmavaram Silk Saree (gold plated borders and artwork print)
10. Gadwal Silk Sarees (cotton fabric with silk border)
11. Kanjivaram Silk Saree / Kanchipuram Silk Saree (Royal)
12. Konrad silk sarees (wide borders designed with natural elements)
13. Kota Silk Saree (lightweight, pure cotton and silk weave)
14. Korial Silk Saree (light in weight and easy to drape and handle)
15. Mysore Silk Sarees (manufacture from pure silk)
16. Matka Silk Saree(handwoven matka silk fabric is made from Mulberry Silk)
17. Narayanpet Silk Sarees(checks design with embroidery )
18. Organza Silk Saree (Mix of Silk, Polyester, and Nylon)
19. Patola Silk Saree(Expensive)
20. Paithani Silk Saree(the most expensive among silk saris)
21. Pochampally Silk Saree (Blend of cotton and silk )
22. Raw Silk Saree(made from mulberry tree silk made yarns)
23. Sambalpuri silk saree (handwoven - kat weave)
24. Sournachuri Silk Saree (designs inspired by Indian mythological stories )
25. Tanchoi Silk Saree (texture same as satin fabric)
26. Uppada Silk Saree (patterns include geometric, flowers, & leaves)
HOW DO I CHECK THE QUALITY OF A PURE SILK SAREE?
By Touch: This is a quick test that can be done on a silk saree. Just take the saree in your hands (the cloth should be between your thumb and forefinger/index finger). Rub the saree between your fingers/hands. If you experience warmth in your fingers or hands while rubbing, then that's an indicator of genuine quality silk. While artificial or synthetic silk does not produce heat on rubbing. Besides rubbing silk produces a sound popularly known as the silk voice.
Wedding Ring Test: Real silk of lower ply can be easily pulled through a wedding ring! Because real silks are comprised of a natural protein fiber that mainly consists of fibroin which makes them naturally flexible, smooth, and waxy. On the other hand, artificial silks would scrunch up and would not be possible to pull through.
Lustre of the material: Silk Sarees known for their lustral properties are mainly due to the combination of threads that gives a particular sheen to the material. The colour on the saree surface changes with the angle of the light but artificial silks give a white sheen irrespective of the light falling on it.
CAN I PURCHASE SILK SAREES ONLINE AT MOBILIGHTS?
Yes, browse a wide range of the latest sarees online and see yourself and do designer sarees online shopping here at MobiLights. With Silk, Chettinadu, Khadi, Nylon, Pure Crepe, Organza, fancy sarees for wedding, latest designer party wear sarees and many more, you can find womenswear for every occasion here. Choose from sensible, everyday basic use right up to top-of-the-range designer sarees in a wide variety of colours and fabrics.
HOW TO WASH SILK SAREES AT HOME?
- Soak the saree in cold water with mild detergent (preferably liquid soap).
- Leave to soak for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Move the garment within the basin slowly.
- Rinse the garment (with freshwater).
- Repeat rinse 3-4 times.
- Soak in Fabric conditioner.
- Leave soaked for 1-2 minutes.
- Last Rinse in freshwater.
- Do not wring the saree to remove moisture. Make a ball of the garment & squeeze gently.
- Lay it flat & roll in a towel to remove moisture.
- Lay it flat to dry.
DOES MOBILIGHTS STOCK WOMEN'S SAREES?
We certainly do stock the most demanding and popular range of sarees at our warehouses in Bangalore that include the Silk (Pattu), Banarasi, Cotton, Rayon, Kanjivaram , Printed, Embroidery, Jacquard, Chiffon, Chanderi, Handwoven Linen, Cotton Silk, Art Silk Saree, Handloom and the Satin Sarees in a wide variety of colours.
Our high-quality women's saris are made from using premium materials such as silk and cotton, or synthetic fabrics such as nylon and polyester for durability. Most of the sarees come with attractive blouse pieces that are half-stitched or readymade. All types of modern saree online you need are available at MobiLights. Explore our extensive range of women's saree collections.