Here are some useful tips about sarees which we thought might be useful for you:
- HOW TO IRON SILK SAREES
- HOW TO STORE SILK SARIS
- DRY CLEANING SILK SAREES
- WHAT ARE KORA SILK SAREES
- WHAT ARE UPPADA SILK SAREES
- WHAT ARE POLY SILK SAREE
- WHAT ARE ART SILK SAREES
- WHAT ARE SILK COTTON SAREES
- DIFFERENT TYPES OF SILK SAREES
- CHECK THE QUALITY OF A PURE SILK SAREE
- PURCHASE SILK SAREES ONLINE AT MOBILIGHTS
- WASH SILK SAREES AT HOME
- DOES MOBILIGHTS STOCK WOMEN'S SAREES
- BUY SILK SAREES ONLINE
HOW CAN WE IRON SILK SAREES?
Extra care is required while ironing silk fabric. Effective ironing happens when the washed saree is not completely dry but left with a bit of moisture. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Preferably iron the inner side of the side to avoid damage to the saree fibers.
- Fold the saree to half, or even more based on the tablespace.
- Use the Silk Mode of the iron box (Approx. 148 °C).
- If you want to use steam, ensure to place the saree under a cotton cloth.
- Iron the Jerry work and the border by placing it under a cotton cloth.
- While Ironing, do not move the ironing directions back and forth, since this may stretch the silk and make the saree out of shape.
- Fold by two, after ironing an area & continue ironing.
HOW TO STORE SILK SAREES?
Silk needs to breathe and requires airing once in 3 months.
- Do not store a saree soon after wearing it, allow the saree some air before storing.
- It's always advised to fold the designs inside-out of the saree.
- Store in a cool place & away from sunlight.
- Do not mix silk sarees in your cupboard with other saree material.
- Separate lighter silks from the heavier ones.
- Do not store in a plastic cover.
- Store silk sarees separately wrapped in a cotton or muslin cloth.
- Do not use naphthalene balls on/near silk sarees to avoid discoloration. Instead, use DRY neem leaves to keep insects away.
CAN WE DRY CLEAN SILK SAREES?
It's advisable to avoid hand or machine wash for a silk saree. Always prefer dry clean over other washing methods, since detergents may affect the quality of silk and that's the best maintenance a delicate silk material can get.
WHAT ARE KORA SILK SAREES?
Kora silk sarees are also popularly known as organza silk sarees. They feature lightweight, sheer, plain-woven fabric. These saris are mostly worn at weddings and parties.
WHAT ARE UPPADA SILK SAREES?
Uppada saree is famous for its weaving style from the Uppada village of East Godavari District in Andhra Pradesh. Uppada sarees are usually made with Cotton warp with unique designs. The specialty of this saree is that it's lightweight and eye-catching. They are also known as Uppada Pattu in the Telugu language.
WHAT ARE POLY SILK SAREES?
Poly silk sarees are wrinkle-free sarees that are a mix of polyester and silk mix made for durability. They have a smooth texture feel and easily washable. Poly silk sarees are usually worn as party wears due to their shiny nature.
WHAT ARE ART SILK SAREES?
Artificial Silk sarees are made from non-natural synthetic fibers that are similar to silk. They are also called Rayon or Bamboo silk. The fabric is viscose and gives a soft feel. They are light, airy, and comfortable. The prices are less costly compared to other silk sarees.
WHAT ARE SILK COTTON SAREES?
They are mostly party wear saris that are a mix of silk threads and cotton fabric and are supposed to be a cotton saree with a silk texture. Besides they are easy to drape can even be comfortable daily wear.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF SILK SAREES?
There is no doubt that that the firest sarees have their gold and silver brocade in fine woven silk and embroidery.Below are a few of the best silk sarees in India.
- Assam Silk Sarees (Delicate and lightweight)
- Art Silk Sarees (Artificial silk made from synthetic fiber)
- Banarasi Silk Sarees from Varanasi (handwoven)
- Baluchari Silk Sarees (Is polished after weaving)
- Bomkai Silk Sarees (fish motifs weave)
- Bhagalpuri / Tussar Silk Saree (cooler & less costly)
- Banglori (Simplicity)
- Chanderi Silk Saree (lightweight)
- Dharmavaram Silk Saree (gold plated borders and artwork print)
- Gadwal Silk Sarees (cotton fabric with silk border)
- Kanjivaram Silk Saree / Kanchipuram Silk Saree (Royal)
- Konrad silk sarees (wide borders designed with natural elements)
- Kota Silk Saree (lightweight, pure cotton and silk weave)
- Korial Silk Saree (light in weight and easy to drape and handle)
- Mysore Silk Sarees (manufacture from pure silk)
- Matka Silk Saree(handwoven matka silk fabric is made from Mulberry Silk)
- Narayanpet Silk Sarees(checks design with embroidery)
- Organza Silk Saree (Mix of Silk, Polyester, and Nylon)
- Patola Silk Saree(Expensive)
- Paithani Silk Saree(the most expensive among silk saris)
- Pochampally Silk Saree (Blend of cotton and silk)
- Raw Silk Saree(made from mulberry tree silk made yarns)
- Sambalpuri silk saree (handwoven - kat weave)
- Sournachuri Silk Saree (designs inspired by Indian mythological stories)
- Tanchoi Silk Saree (texture same as satin fabric)
- Uppada Silk Saree (patterns include geometric, flowers, & leaves)
HOW DO I CHECK THE QUALITY OF A PURE SILK SAREE?
By Touch: This is a quick test that can be done on a silk saree. Just take the saree in your hands (the cloth should be between your thumb and forefinger/index finger). Rub the saree between your fingers/hands. If you experience warmth in your fingers or hands while rubbing, then that's an indicator of genuine quality silk. While artificial or synthetic silk does not produce heat on rubbing. Besides rubbing silk produces a sound popularly known as the silk voice.
Wedding Ring Test: Real silk of lower ply can be easily pulled through a wedding ring! Because real silks are comprised of a natural protein fiber that mainly consists of fibroin which makes them naturally flexible, smooth, and waxy. On the other hand, artificial silks would scrunch up and would not be possible to pull through.
Lustre of the material: Silk Sarees known for their lustral properties are mainly due to the combination of threads that gives a particular sheen to the material. The colour on the saree surface changes with the angle of the light but artificial silks give a white sheen irrespective of the light falling on it.
CAN I PURCHASE SILK SAREES ONLINE AT MOBILIGHTS?
Yes, browse a wide range of the latest sarees online and see yourself and do designer sarees online shopping here at MobiLights. With Silk, Chettinadu, Khadi, Nylon, Pure Crepe, Organza, fancy sarees for wedding, latest designer party wear sarees and many more, you can find womenswear for every occasion here. Choose from sensible, everyday basic use right up to top-of-the-range designer sarees in a wide variety of colours and fabrics.
HOW TO WASH SILK SAREES AT HOME?
- Soak the saree in cold water with mild detergent (preferably liquid soap).
- Leave to soak for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Move the garment within the basin slowly.
- Rinse the garment (with freshwater).
- Repeat rinse 3-4 times.
- Soak in Fabric conditioner.
- Leave soaked for 1-2 minutes.
- Finally Rinse in fresh water.
- Do not wring the saree to remove moisture. Make a ball of the garment & squeeze gently.
- Lay it flat & roll in a towel to remove moisture.
- Lay it flat to dry.
DOES MOBILIGHTS STOCK WOMEN'S SAREES?
We certainly do stock the most demanding and popular range of sarees at our warehouses in Bangalore that include the Silk (Pattu), Banarasi, Cotton, Rayon, Kanjivaram, Printed, Embroidery, Jacquard, Chiffon, Chanderi, Handwoven Linen, Cotton Silk, Art Silk Saree, Handloom and the Satin Sarees in a wide variety of colours.
Our high-quality women's saris are made from using premium materials such as silk and cotton, or synthetic fabrics such as nylon and polyester for durability. Most of the sarees come with attractive blouse pieces that are half-stitched or readymade. All types of modern saree online you need are available at MobiLights. Explore our extensive range of women's saree collections.
WHERE TO BUY SILK SAREES ONLINE?
You could check out Mobilights, which hosts a wide range of Indian silk sarees, besides they help you to find any saree of your choice in the market even if it's not in their store, and this service is absolutely free.